A system of control of the TSD actions began to be developed within the framework of the “Club D2C” for its theoretical premises, then of the company S.BE.i-France for the beginning of its experiment.
It is to notice that this system deals with the improvement of a large number of heterogeneous elementary qualities, and that thus:
– We cannot organize this process of control of the actions of TSD by resorting to a measure of global obligation, impossible to be established for such a variety of elementary qualities. So, the process can involve the concerned actors only in a way very varied by means of numerous obligations or by the voluntary service.
– We cannot envisage actions of TSD completely autonomous. So, this process requires to adopt procedures of management, involving a large number of actors of TSD.
– We cannot base durably this process by resorting only to experts. It needs that all the concerned actors intervene with competence, which is with an intervention capacity basing itself on the appropriation of already established knowledge or in development. So, this process will develop only in a progressive and evolutionary way. So, the TSD cannot be reduced to the problem of the mobilization or the implementation of organizations, public or private, to stimulate the activity of the actors concerned by this development. It is at first and fundamentally a problem of gestation and blooming of a movement, which is a collective, spontaneous or organized action, tending to produce a change of ideas and practices.
So the ultimate object of ATSD is to cause real national movements of TSD – “real” because being able to be established on the discussion and the improvement of the theory and the practice of the TSD operations control, so allowing to pass of too often easy and self-important speeches in effective and efficient practices.
1– The strategic importance of the communication in the development of the movement for the TSD.
When we want to contribute to the development of a movement, in this particular case a movement for the TSD, with the ambition that it has a national influence jointly with public authorities and civil society, it is necessary to reach four objectives:
– 1st objective: To define initial set ideas for the movement, having the double capacity:
xxx– To establish this movement by its richness, its clarity and its abstract rigor.
xxx– To evolve by its capacity to take into account the categories of the reality and of symbolism of the established movement.
– 2nd objective: To define a specific policy, which prevents, as far as possible, any political manipulation.
– 3rd objective: To define a mode of organization of the movement in network of entities. Individual or collective entities, transmitter-receiver of theory and operational practice, so this movement is manipulable with great difficulty.
– 4th objective: To give characteristics to the network allowing it to be effective.
It is thus obvious that the communication is decisive for the development of the movement for the TSD:
– Communication for the raising awareness of the entities which can potentially join the movement,
– Communication for the help to the continuous improvement of the skills of the entities composing the movement by:
xxx– The facilitation experiments exchanges,
xxx– The development of a common language,
xxx– The training,
xxx– The development and the provision of tools.
2– The premises of a communication policy of ATSD.
The first structuring ideas of this policy are the following ones.
2.1– The communications target of ATSD is the movement for the TSD, the definition of two of its components of which is already established:
– The definition of the movement for the TSD: “ The movement for the TSD is all the territorial authorities, the owners of real estate properties and all the actors whom they mobilize, having decided on the projects of development or renewal of territories or an activity of management of territories, with the objective to obtain or to improve or to maintain the quality of sustainable development for these territories ”.
– The definition of the movement for the optimal quality of buildings (OQB): “ The movement for the OQB is the concerned territorial authorities, the owners of real estate properties and all the actors whom they mobilize, having decided on the operations of construction or adaptation of buildings or an activity of management of buildings, with the objective to obtain or to improve or to maintain the optimal quality for these buildings ”.
2.2– The communication of ATSD does not have to be a spectacular communication but a communication for the incitement in the relevant action.
2.3– The communication of ATSD respects the following characteristics of the ” system TSD “, which is, to our knowledge, with regard to the rare existing methods in the world to define, lead or estimate the actions of TSD, the most relevant system:
2.3.1– The TSD system is a real help to the action. Indeed, the TSD system uses an approach of actions which is a method allowing to define not only the objective of an action but also the management system of this action to lead it at best in its context, and thus:
2.3.2– To overtake the stage of the definition and the display of a policy of TSD – definition too often reduced to a list of objectives, which is not at all systematic and considered self-important – and to organize the acting out.
2.3.3– To help the decision-maker of an operation, obviously responsible for its decision, to be also responsible globally for the application of its decision.
2.3.4– To establish a communication and an exchange of experiments significant. Indeed, at present, the communication and accordingly the exchange of experiments on the actions of TSD are rare. They are focused on the results of the actions. But, to reproduce intelligently any action, of TSD particularly, we have to can consider it interesting. For that purpose, it is necessary to be able to reflect the action in its entirety: its objective, its management and its result. What is allowed when the object that we want to master is clearly the action itself.
2.3.5– The TSD system applies four really inescapable principles:
xxx– The necessity of defining any sustainable development policy according to three economic, societal and environmental dimensions.
xxx– The necessity of the adaptability of the living built environment of territories and its components.
xxx– The necessity of the constant consideration of the role of the culture in the sustainable development.
xxx– The necessity of basing the governance of the sustainable territories on democratic practices coming from the organized management of their development.
2.3.6– The TSD system allows managing at best the variety of the operations of TSD which we wish to handle, through a typological approach of this variety. Indeed, the TSD system was not developed with overconfident idea that he would allow the direct control of any particular operation of TSD. So, in a realistic way, the TSD system uses two tools:
xxx– A generic approach of significant operation for all the possible types of operations of TSD.
xxx– A method of specification of this generic approach of action to define the specific approach of operation adapted to a particular operation, about its type, and who consists in defining (1) a quality objective for this operation and (2) a management system of this operation, both adapted to the object of the operation, to define it and lead it in a way organized to obtain an optimal quality of its result in its spatial and temporal context. We can notice that a specific approach of operations can concern a whole particular type of operations, if he is homogeneous enough.
2.3.7– The TSD system bases necessarily the establishment of any valid list of criteria and indicators for the evaluation of every type of operations of TSD on its characterization – the definition of all the characteristics of this type of operations conferring it the capacity to satisfy the requirement of sustainable development which has to answer this type of operations – and not on the political interest of these criteria and indicators. As a consequence, the definition of the relevant list of the criteria and the indicators for the control of a specific operation has sense only having defined the specific approach of operations that concerns it.